Home Wind Turbine

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Small Wind Turbine

Post by admin »

Video & Pictures of Recent Small Turbine Install
---------------------------------------
Most of the Video & Pictures that I have published are of small wind system installation done recently. Some are featured in newspaper articles and so forth.

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, Small Wind
power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind
solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar
and wind energy kits, wind generation kits

Massachusetts Grid-Tie Small Wind Turbines Installed
Oklahoma Install, One Turbine Wind Only small wind Turbine
Small Wind Turbine Kit, Installed in Oklahoma
small wind Turbine Kit Install, Indiana
Video & Pictures: Twin Turbine small wind Turbines
Video & Pictures: One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower
Video & Pictures: One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop System

Government Tax Incentives, Credits
-----------------------------------------
Our Wind/Solar Hybrid systems are qualified for government tax crdedits of 30%. So, for your investment made in these systems the government tax incentives are 30% within one year that you get back from the IRS. So, basically the government will pay for almost 1/3 of your investment made in your new home energy system.

Improvement in Home Or Property Value
-----------------------------------------------
Of course that's not all, as soon as your system is up, you have improved your home value by atleast an equal amount of the investment. Your green energy home is more likely to sell than others with no home generation or emergency power system. Think about it. Look at homes for sale.. Can any of them generate their own free electricity, how many can compete with such a solid green energy capability like your home has. It's an attention getter and will bring people to see what it's about if you ever need to sell, your home has a dramatic edge.

Free Green Power
---------------------
In addition to your home's improved value, 30% government incentive, you will get free reliable electricity every day. The systems are designed for reliable power output for the next 30 years or so. With every increase of the utility company power your investment gets better all the time. Utility costs are rising all over and will accelerate over the next few years.

Wind Only, or Wind+Solar?
-------------------------------
First options in choosing your kit are, wind only, or wind AND solar. You'll notice that in the name description and the model numbers wind/solar, or WS, means kit has solar panels in kit. Having a hybrid wind AND solar system is really going to make it a more consistant green energy system. If you're on a budget, get the wind and you can always add solar later, we will always help you upgrade these systems, it's all based on low price point to get into home power. We can't all afford a giant windmill or solar system, these are affordable. Below is a graph showing the weather cycles of wind/solar and why wind/solar hybrid is so much better than solar only, or wind only systems.

How Much Energy & Budget
-------------------------------
The kits scale up by adding more wind and solar, from 1 turbine to three turbines. If you want a config that isn't listed, Call and I can direct you to a page to purchase larger systems. I actually recommend the smaller systems in most cases because my systems are so easy to add on another unit later, very modular, clear upgrade path. We have configures systems up to 6 turbines in a system, so that's up to 5.1 KW or 5100 watts of hybrid power...

Grid-Tie or Off-Grid?
------------------------
Grid-Tie is more costly but you can tie directly to the home's panel and power goes TO AND FROM the grid. You can actually run the meter backwards, selling Excess Generation to the local utility company. More cost and red-tape, but a really nice way to go if you have the time and budget
to work it out. Grid-Tie Forum

Off-Grid is a way to get started easier, quicker, with less cost and red-tape. Personally, I run Off-Grid because it's so much more economical to build and add to my systems. Additionally, my local Utility does not pay fair prices for my power and it's not a very fair deal for me to go to all that expense. ALSO, You can always upgrade to Grid-Tie later and it's all easily upgradeable anytime. So, I recommend the Off-Grid cheaper systems for starting out. Off-Grid Forum

Here's a link of some pre-sale questions that you may find helpful .

http://windenergy7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19

This next page reads like a FAQ for the turbines and has many questions and answers listed. It's an easy to browse index of things to read about, mostly Q&A. This at WindPowerForums.Com
http://windpowerforums.com/

Owner/Dealers
-------------
We are now present in 13 states with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system. I will spend enough time with you to help you be able to represent the products well. With an install there's all the free phone support and training it takes, usually it's 4 or 5, 1 hour conversations before your system even goes in. So, if you don't know about it, don't worry, I will train you about these system from end to end so that I can have your help selling them, it's grass roots.

We have Yard Signs, Car door Magnets, Business Cards, T-Shirts, Baseball Hats, Postcards, and Brochures, soon to be avail. for dealers to order from the site.

I'm available by phone to talk about the systems if you need pre-sale consult. Call if you want to talk.

We have several different options starting at $2990 and going up from there. Each linked system has a list of what's in it if you click into the pages. Here's list of systems and links to purchase.
Purchase With Credit Card Here

There's so many folks have been considering and thinking over a system, so I just wanted to give fair chance. Many calls are starting to catch me on phone with others. If you call and want a system, I will get back to you and talk about what you need and what we can do.
--
turbineZ
--
turbine@windenergy7.com
admin
Site Admin

Home Wind Power Evaluation

Post by admin »

>> Hello, I was wanting for you to send out a dealer to talk with
>> me about my home needs and evaluate my site for your wind
>> solar hybrid kits. I am not sure if my site or area is good for
>> wind or solar really and wanted someone to look at it. I may
>> be interested in becoming a dealer and learning to install.

Hi Mike,

Any home site in the US is a good site for a home energy system from WindEnergy7 LLC. So, yes, without even looking, I can say that your home is a good candidate for a home energy system. Here are my criteria for this.

Home Energy System Criteria:
-----------------------------------
(A) Do you use electricity?
(B) Does the sun shine, and wind blow?

So, yes, my belief after using wind and solar for a few years is yes, you should have a home energy system started. Sounds a little too simple, but yes, unless I live under a rock or in a cave, I will have a home energy system, wind. solar, or both. Even if you do live in a cave, wind and or sun must be in your yard or property somewhere. So that is the question, not as much whether you should have a home energy system, but whether wind, solar, or both.

Solar Energy Crteria:
------------------------
(A) Do you have sunshine anywhere on your property, this includes of course, the roof. Unless you live under a rock, or in a cave, you have sunshine and thus you should be using solar power. Todays solar energy systems are great, efficient and reliable for residential home use.

Wind Energy Criteria:
-------------------------
(A) If you review the wind map, a cahart of wind data for your geographic location, use US DOE (department of energy) data. Does your area fall in a zone 2 or higher? If so, yes, you should have some wind power in your home energy system. Todays wind energy systems are great, efficient and reliable for residential home use. The new, patented rooftop wind turbines can sit out of the way and are easy to put on any home or outbuilding. And, if you prefer a tower or have room for one, we sell those too.

Wind powered home energy can be cost-effective and successful if the average wind speed is 9 miles per hour (mph) or more. In the DOE wind maps, a zone 2 is about 12 miles per hour (mph) and thus if you have zone 2 or better, wind power resources are available to make energy for your home.

Why Wind and Solar Together?
-----------------------------------
Our full research and development has gone into Wind/Solar Hybrid systems. We have long proven that wherever there is wind AND sun, BOTH should be used. We proved out that any wind power needs solar and any solar power should have wind. The goal in an energy system is consistant delivery of energy, day, night, winter, summer. As it turns out, wind and solar have offsetting strength and weakness in daily and annual resource cycles. When you have these systems to test an analyse, it's a very clear conclusion.

Day/Night, wind works at night, solar does not.

Summer/Winter, wind is stronger in winter, solar is weaker.

As an early adopter of green technology, testing immediately showed that a solar system with no wind power is good, consistant, but weaker in winter, inactive at night. Wind adds depth and consistancy to energy production.

When wind speed doubles, the power delivered is generally 8 times as great.. So ( 2 x wind = 8 x power ) So, on a normal day your wind system is just touching the surface of what it is capable of. But on windy days and nights, in stormy weather, wind power is very, very productive.

Cloudy/Clear, cloudy day more likely to be stormy, less sun, more likely to have higher wind speed.. See how that works.

So, when you invest into a home energy system, you want wind AND solar, you should go with a company and system that understands this. Look at the focus of the manufacturer. If they focus solely on wind, they are oblivious to the tuning issues of wind energy. What about a still summer day with no wind? If they focus solely on solar energy, what about the cloudy days, dark nights, weak sun in winter?

This is one reason that you should work with WindEnergy7 LLC. As an early adopter of home energy, we use it ourselves, we already know how to tune it and configure a system to deliver reliably, day in, day out. The view outlined above is painfully obvious to any novice buyer, as it should be to anyone who is in the wind or solar business. So, this is one of the reasons that I know a customer is better off with our products than any other wind or solar provider. Not only do competitors not get it, they don't deliver it. IT?

Solutions, Technology, Innovations, Support, Training, and know how. Others are not in fact competitors to WindEnergy7 LLC. They are not competitors at all, people want solutions, technology, innovation, support, training, IT'S WHAT WE DO. IT'S WHAT WE KNOW.

WindEnergy7 has no (actual competitors). Others are selling parts, hardware, that's it. We won't even sell parts, we don't want people out there toiling unsuccessfully with our products and using or configuring them in a way that won't be successful. People selling parts, what do they care, they sold a part, they are done. As a customer, you are left hanging with nothing but parts and hardware.

Others in Home Energy? They are not competitors at all, people want solutions, technology, innovation, support, training, IT'S WHAT WE DO. IT'S WHAT WE KNOW.
admin
Site Admin

How Large Home Wind Turbine Kit Do I Need?

Post by admin »

>> we came across your wind turbines and are very new to
>> the wind energy. We have no clue what we will need, our
>> house is around 900 square feet and everything inside
>> runs off electric and our monthly bill is $250. We was
>> needing to know the price of what we need from you
>> plus the price of everything that it takes to get going

Hello,

You will need a 4.2kW system to get close to carrying all that I think. But many opt for doing most of their energy. What will actually carry your loads needs to be measured against your kwH (kilowatt hours). Square footage and dollars can be misleading because people's usage varies per sq/ft and their cost per kwH can vary. But having said that, it's usually a budget concern of what's affordable to a consumer. All of the systems will pay for themselves, it's more a matter of what a consumer can afford to start their system. The smaller systems are equally as cost effective as a larger system.

See New Home Wind Turbine Videos

A whole house system 4.2kW that will do all that residence is currently about $17,000 on hardware and will cost about $3,000 in additional installation costs. That depends on who/where it's installed because many people will get a better deal on installation labor, or do most of it themselves. Installs go from completely self install DIY wind turbines to complete turn-key install by one of our dealer installers. The support comes free with your system and includes supporting your installers and anyone involved to assist in making your system a success.

If you fill out our cotact form, you will get allot of info automatically by filling out that form. We can help decide what size system fits you. Things we need to know is, geographic location, average kwH Used a month, what your budget is to start a wind/solar project.
Contact WindEnergy7

Become the Local Home Wind/Solar Dealer
-------------
We are now present in over 19 states with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system. I will spend enough time with you to help you be able to represent the products well. With an install there's all the free phone support and training it takes, usually it's 4 or 5, 1 hour conversations before your system even goes in. So, if you don't know about it, don't worry, I will train you about these system from end to end so that I can have your help selling them, it's grass roots.

We have Yard Signs, Car door Magnets, Business Cards, T-Shirts, Baseball Hats, Postcards, and Brochures, available for dealers to order from the site. I'm available by phone to talk about the systems if you need pre-sale consult. Call if you want to talk.

We have several different options for a home energy system. Each linked system has a list of what's in it if you click into the pages. Here's list of systems and links to purchase.
Purchase With Credit Card Here

Many calls come in while I am on phone with others. If you call and want a system, I will get back to you and talk about what you need and what we can do. Please only call if you are a seriously interested buyer. If you aren't ready yet, please email me your questions or read the site for more information till you are more ready to go.
admin
Site Admin

Who Is My Local Home Wind Turbine Dealer?

Post by admin »

>> wondering who is dealer in my area, and can i purchase just
>> the wind turbine without the solar panels, for grid tie system.

Hi Rob, I will have to look at the map to see if there's a dealer near enough to you. We don't sell just wind systems because we have it all tuned in as a hybrid system now. Wind can work OK but is just not as consistent. Like a solar only system, wind only is an incomplete system. I have been solar only, wind only, have done it all and worked with all kinds of systems, wind/solar hybrid is the result of all that. It's what works.

Why would you want a wind only system?

What is wrong with some solar in your system?

Our full research and development has gone into Wind/Solar Hybrid systems. We have long proven that wherever there is wind AND sun, BOTH should be used. We proved out that any wind power needs solar and any solar power should have wind. The goal in an energy system is consistant delivery of energy, day, night, winter, summer. As it turns out, wind and solar have offsetting strength and weakness in daily and annual resource cycles. When you have these systems to test an analyse, it's a very clear conclusion.

Day/Night, wind works at night, solar does not.

Summer/Winter, wind is stronger in winter, solar is weaker.

You could Become the Local Home Wind/Solar Dealer. We are now present in over 21 states and three countries with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system, then sign an agreement giving you up to 5 counties of territory.

turbineZ
admin
Site Admin

Why Charging Me Extra, Crating to Europe?

Post by admin »

>> Hello, I am wanting to know why I am being charged extra
>> cost for crating to ship to me in EUROPEAN UNION? Isn't
>> this covered in the shipping cost?

Hello Ian, There is a law covering exports to the EU and most other countries which dictates the type of wood that can be used. Since all my suppliers and manufacturers ship from within the US, if I export, I have to create a skid and crating completely of formed wood. This keeps pests from being shipped from country to country.

Additionally, most of the insureres for export sea freight REQUIRE that a third party crating service is used. This gives them a third party to reference for contents verification as well as it makes sure crating/packing is well done. Exporting a system to europe is or any other country is no place to cut corners, so professional crating, insured, best way to go. Thanks for your business
turbineZ

PS. You can Become the Local Home Wind/Solar Dealer We are now present in over 21 states and three countries with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system, then sign an agreement for up to 5 counties of territory. Become Home Wind Turbine Dealer
admin
Site Admin

Installing Wind Turbine, California, What Do I Need?

Post by admin »

>> Would it be possible to get my system batteries from you. I called
>> an interstate dealer here in town and he was wanting $158 for the
>> 6V Deep cycle battery. I'll probably go with 4 now, and then add
>> more later on.

I will see about the batteries. Here in Columbus OH and many other local dealer areas, we get the 6v Golf Cart batteries at Sam's for less than $80. Compare specs and such to interstate U2200. That may be an easy option for you. The specs are pretty close. Shipping batteries is not cost effective as you can imagine. I recommend 8 batteries and have seen many installs now that cut corners to get 4 and wound up upgrading to 8 batteries soon after. Do what you can, but 8 will be a better decision since you have the 2 turbine 2.8kW wind/solar kit.

Your battery cabinet and inverter can actually be completely installed before the turbine and solar. Focus first on the cabinet, inverter, and green circuit sub panel as a phase 1. It can run as a battery bank with an, inverter/charger alone. Then if you look at the battery cabinet diagram, you see the charge controller and turbine can simply be added as phase 2 when the mount gets there.

Or, you can wait till you have it all in hand to get started. I have seen it go either way, may be easier to do your first system in 2 stages like that.

You will need..

Metal Cabinet, battery cabling, batteries, dryer vent kit, then your wiring to the turbine from cabinet, your wiring for inveter to the new green circuit etc. Maybe some hardware to mount the charge controller into the cabinet back wall, some tools etc. I think that's it. You may look at getting a cheap battery disconnect like we have shown in other posts here.

Roofmount kit and turbine kit have all nuts, bolts, lag screws, etc. So, you won't need anything but tools and elbow grease for that part of it.

You can Become the Local Home Wind/Solar Dealer We are now present in over 21 states and three countries with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system, then sign an agreement for up to 5 counties of territory. Become Home Wind Turbine Dealer