To Upgrade from 1 Turbine, Do I need another Inverter?

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

To Upgrade from 1 Turbine, Do I need another Inverter?

Post by admin »

>> Thank-you for the conversation today and as promised I spoke
>> to my wife about this. She is curious and interested at the same
>> time. I do have a couple technical questions though;

>> 1) If I buy a single Wind/Solar system, can I later add only another
>> another turbine or solar panels to it using the existing electronics
>> (IE inverter) or do I need to buy a complete duplicate system and
>> hook it up in parrellel? Can the single system electronics handle the
>> increase wattage of an additional turbine? If not do you offer larger
>> inverters that can so I only need to buy one?

Great Question.

The inverter is able to take 3 complete wind AND solar kits, so no, the upgrades don't have an inverter but every other component comes in the kit. Also, yoyr install costs are not duplicated, the cabinet, batteries, and backbone wiring will already be there ready to go.

>> 2) For my cabin, I would want to mount the turbine on a pole 200+'
>> away from the cabin on top of the hill and the solar panel on the roof
>> of the cabin, how feasable is this? Is wire resistance going to be an
>> issue for me?

No problem with distance we use a heavier, guage wire, there's a chart that tells you how far = what guage. The solar panels will actually be best on a pole even if closer. Being able to rotate them to best angle by season and easier to add more panels to the pole than the roof. So, I recommend about a 3" pole, tall enough to get panels up above reach of a person, maybe tall enough pole that you can add another set of panels later if you like. It's not as asthetic as on a roof, but you will get more production and ease of use.

>> 3) How do solar panels react with snow cover? Obviously some light
>> penitrates shallow levels, but how deep can the snow get before
>> it becomes useless?

You can imagine it, like a sky light. Probably about a foot before starts to dark out. The snow is a bit prismatic and although it will take a hit, to me they work better than I thought. Saving grace is your wind/solar hybrid. Wind kicks butt in winter, thus like always is the perfect compliment to the solar system slower season.

>> I am interested in becoming a dealer for Washington, initially focusing
>> on sales only as I am working on my MBA right now, but later getting
>> into installations as well. So far I like what you offer and if this is the
>> right option for me, get a system in the next couple months.
>> Thanks, Tracy

Sounds good. Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks for your interest in my products. You might have a browse through all the posts on the forum, from the main page, you can navigate to many many interesting posts with questions and answers.

Wind Power Forums
Home Wind Turbine Videos
Home Wind Turbine Blog
Wind Maps For Your Area

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the Contact Form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open for new dealers but county territories and entire states are being established now, a few states completely established. So, if you are interested in Becoming a Customer/Dealer fill out the same Contact Form and we can see if your area may still be open.

We have a growing dealer network of individuals who use our products and an installed base stretching from Hawaii to New Jersey, Canada, and Europe. When customers find our kits to be easy to build and understand, many find it easy to Become Customer/Dealers. They are able to do this with no further investment and they see how interested people are to buy a system.