Home Wind Turbine

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

DC Disconnects, DC Fuses, AC Diosconnect Wind Turbine Solar

Post by admin »

In summary, there are many options and methods to employ disconnects, breakers, fuses, and lightning protection. In protecting a system completely there are options that extend far beyong what is required.

However, in a smaller wind/solar system, these costs can be very high in scope of the install. The smaller the system, the more all this protection can affect the ROI (return on investment) and budget. I have always invested minimal protection methods for smaller systems.

Example, in my $19,000 system, the HO 4.2kw, it will feature every level of protection at a cost of about $1000 total.  I am in middle now of engineering that whole hog protection system now. The level of protection and precaution is escalated to reflect my investment and dependence on that green energy. I will actually be going overboard as an example of what extreme precautions can be put into place. Probably a bit of overkill on my system here.

I will have a working model of extreme and complete protection.  I am going to put out three packages of enhanced wiring system protection kits, as upgrades, for customers to buy from the site. This is all considered system wiring, but to order the parts and kit will help to clarify and expedite having a more protected system. Additionally, proper parts and engineering is hard to source and develop locally.

On my smallest systems I was not as concerned with enhanced protection and as I invested more and more, my system is more valuable and important to be protected.

At a minimum for a system, I would recommend a single DC breaker disconnect between the controller and battery bank, leave a coil in that wiring so you can add it in later.  You may add a DC lighning arrestor right there.

I would add a battery bank fuse between the battery bank and the inverter, leave some slack coil in wire for adding that later right there.

For off-Grid, I would have a 30 amp AC breaker going into the inverter and a 30 amp AC breaker out of the inverter and that's about all you need at this time. Grid-Tie would be a 60 Amp.

You are looking at a few hundred bucks of protection there.  I can sell you all those parts as I am in the process of making kits for this to be available on the site.

Another thing to think about is long term plans of your install.  If you are definitely planning to go with 3 turbine grid tie in the end, it's more important maybe to go full protection now, so that you are not replacing or reworking anything.
admin
Site Admin

New Video of Wind Turbines Install, Solar Install

Post by admin »

Hello,

posted at the home page is a new video that I uploaded for viewing. It shows some good details of installing.

The sub assembling of the mount kit prior to going to the roof. In shipment the legs sometimes get out of align a bit. Check distance between each leg to be at 24", if not, tap the legs with a rubber mallet till spaced out, centerd at 24" exactly. It's easier to do this and check this on the ground than on the roof. You put it all together like this and tie up the legs.

Home Wind Turbine Kit Video

Another thing, whenever possible, you ALWAYS go up from the peak of the roof and go from there, it's so much safer than going up the sides because you can slip when coming up the sides of a roof. Always find a way to tie off a rope or harness. Please don't work on a roof without a harness or rope tied off. As soon as you have a secured turbine mount, tie off to that, it's bull stout and is the best thing to tie off to once it's in place. Be VERY careful on the roof, take your time. Please don't underestimate how easy it is to slip and fall off a roof. Take precautions and work from the peak. If a roof is too steep like pictured here, get a roofing contractor to install the mounts.

Home Wind Turbine Kit Video
admin
Site Admin

Indiana Wind Turbine, Rooftop Wind Turbine in Indiana

Post by admin »

Here's a picture of this customer's Skystream. Although a Skystream is a nice system, as this skystream owner realized his Skystream was as useless as a boat anchor in a black-out when the grid goes down. You see, what Skystream or Southwest Windpower never wants to mention, is that a skystream is dead without the grid. That's right, if your grid goes down, your Skystream is useless for power. So, after $15,000 or so invested in a Skystream, you still have no energy security or energy freedom whatsoever, your residence is completely grid dependant.

My favorite line about this was... "I invested 15 Grand in an alternative energy system, but when the utility company went black-out, I realized I had no alternative energy at all."

So, Skystream is cool, but for all that money spent, you have no alternative to the fat cat utility, no energy freedom for your property, and no energy security for your family. Skystream is not Alternative Energy at all, it's green energy but that's it. So, for that kind of money, or even much less, a WindEnergy7 system is really Alternative Energy, Complete Energy Freedom, and True Energy Security for your family and residence. We don't sell boat anchors like Skystream.

WindEnergy7 systems feature an exclusive patented roofmount system. Before this invention, as you can read all over the internet, all other rooftop wind turbines have failed. All other methods and attempts created noise and vibration inside the home or business. But with our patented system there is a solution, making rooftop wind viable for businesses and homeowners to have a rooftop wind generator that is sturdy, secure, and silent inside the home. Our rooftop wind turbine kits are certified in every state of the US to sustain 130mph wind.

Did you know that with a Skystream you will face big problems with building permits? Most cities will not even allow this. The rest will heavily regulate your wind project, making you jump through hoops and invest extra time and money to have your wind power. You have to dig a giant hole, a long ditch, need a tractor. You need a big crane to erect the thing. You need concrete trucks driving through the yard. You need a tractor and dirt to fill the ruts after all the big machinery tore your yard up. Oh, don't forget the sod to repair your tore up yard afer you fill all the ruts with dirt you had to haul in with a dump truck... No problem as you can see by the picture above, after three or four years your yard will probably grow back and fill in looking OK.

A windEnergy7 rooftop mounted turbine is delivered by UPS, just bolts on the roof by an electrician. It's a simple installation of an appliance and circuit to code. By the time you could get a tractor and dig a giant hole in the yard, a WindEnergy7 system is on the roof, quietly making power.

Our WindEnergy7 Systems are all completely wind/solar htbrid integration, creating a perfect and seamless marriage between wind and solar power for your home. Whether you buy a wind or solar home system from us, all our systems are hybrid ready. Our efficient solar capability gives you power in a low wind or no-wind period. Thus again, Skystream is as useless as a boat anchor on a day with no wind. But our systems will keep supplying energy for your home because they are completely hybrid solar integrated. Again, for the same money or less than a Southwest WindPower Skystream, our systems are far more consistant, delivering power on a day with no wind at all. Never put your money in a green energy system without hybrid solar.

Skystream? What kind of energy security would that be? If there's no wind, there's no power at all. So, now we start to peel away the Skystream onion, we find it's uselss in a black-out and it's just a mice looking yard ornament when there's no wind. Most people would not want a 15 thousand dollar sculpture in the yard, better to buy a system from WindEnergy7 that actually generates power on a still summer day, there are many of those days by the way.

A WindEnergy7 wind turbine kit is a perfectly engineered kit that comes complete with everything you need to succeeed. You don't have to know anything about wind or solar to be successful. Since it comes with everything and is so well enginered many homeowners have installed them by themselves with our phone and email support. As you can see it's not giant, but is rather a very precision machined device that delivers a great deal of energy for it's compact size. Pound for pound it delivers almost twice the power of a Skystream generator head. Using patented magnets that are the most powerful in the world, our small device is also dollar for dollar after intallation almost 2x the watts of a Skystream for a dollar for dollar comparison.

Our rooftop wind turbine system integrates with your home power system. It's a simple installation of a green circuit providing your home with free green electricity. Any electrician can install this system with our documentation and we have phone and email support to train and assist every customer.

Skystream.. Dead without the grid in a blac-out, deal on a still day with no wind, But what if there's no wind, no sun, AND a black-out? What if power went out on the grid on a still summer night with no wind?

Well, that's the beauty of WindEnergy7 engineered home power systems. We deliver home energy security and reliability. All our systems feature an inexpensive battery bank, much like used to power a golf cart, we put a battery bank in a box or cabinet that can power your circuits in any emergency. Our systems deliver UPS style battery back-up to the most important loads of your home. Like your refrigerator, furnace blower motor, sump pump, well pump, television, telephones, etc. Your most important needs have 4.. Four Sorces of power, Grid, Wind, Solar, and worse case scenario, even battery backup. It's a level of home energy security and freedom that no other system can deliver, especially not a Skystream system. For about the same investment, our systems are much, much more consstant, reliable, and dependable as a source of power for your home or business.

admin
Site Admin

Home Wind Turbine

Post by admin »

WindEnergy7.com - Home Wind Turbines, We have patented the home wind turbine kit for people to easily install and deploy a home wind turbine. Home wind turbines for business, farm, and residential. Our home wind turbine is a precision machined and well balanced home wind turbine. Our patented rooftop home wind turbine kits have hybrid wind/solar technology. We invented the only rooftop home wind turbine that’s safe and quiet for your home, certified in every state to 130mph.

WindEnergy7 LLC is an Ohio based manufacturer of home wind turbine kits that are sold online. We hold patents for our home wind turbine inventions, home wind turbine kits that make rooftop wind possible. We have a growing dealer network of individuals in the US who use our home wind turbines, an installed base stretching from Hawaii to Massachusetts, Canada, Europe. Many customers have found it easy to become customer/dealers with our home wind turbine training.

Our home wind turbine systems all qualify for the IRS 30% small wind tax credit which pays for 30% of your home wind turbine and installation costs.

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open for new dealers but county territories and entire states are being established now, a few states completely established. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

Home Wind Turbine Home Wind Turbines
Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi There!
Im new in this site!
Ok! Thanks for that info.
I hope I can have more friends here!
Im happy to be part of this community!
Just keep on posting Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!
admin
Site Admin

roof top mounting system

Post by admin »

I'm interested in your rooftop mounting system, is it for sale and how much? :)
admin
Site Admin

Home Wind Turbine

Post by admin »

Pictures of Recent Home Turbine Install
---------------------------------------
Here's links to home wind turbine videos that I have published recently, of our rooftop wind system installation done recently. Many of our installs are featured in newspaper articles and so forth. Although I can't post all the pictures and videos that I get from all over, I have shared much of it here and on the blogs.

Home Wind Turbine Kits
Building our home wind turbine kits, pretty simple and a lot of fun. The kits from WindEnergy7.com are made to be quick and easy with assembly taking about ...

Home Wind Turbine Kits
Pictures of Recent Home Turbine Install, Below you will find links to pictures that I have published of rooftop wind.

Home Wind Turbine Systems
Home Wind Systems are a way to take control of your energy needs. Nationwide, homeowners are building and installing wind/solar hybrid systems. WindEnergy7.

Buy Rooftop Wind Turbines & Solar
Wide selection of wind turbines home use home built turbines home made ... Grid- Tie Home Wind Turbine Forum :: Ohio Home Wind Turbine Install = 4.2kW Wi. ...

WindEnergy7.com
Our patented rooftop home wind turbine kits have hybrid wind/solar technology. ... Our home wind turbine systems all qualify for the IRS 30% small wind tax ...

Buy Home Wind Turbines
Am the founder of WindEnergy7 LLC I have invented and filed for patents on the technology that makes home wind turbines feasible. ...

Massachusetts Grid-Tie Home Wind Turbines Installed
Oklahoma Install, One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop Wind Turbine
Small Wind Turbine Kit, Installed in Oklahoma
Rooftop Wind Turbine Kit Install, Indiana
Pictures: Twin Turbine Rooftop Wind Turbines
Pictures: One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower
Pictures: One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop System

Government Tax Incentives, Credits
-----------------------------------------
Our Wind/Solar Hybrid systems are qualified for government tax crdedits of 30%. So, for your investment made in these systems the government tax incentives are 30% within one year that you get back from the IRS. So, basically the government will pay for almost 1/3 of your investment made in your new home energy system.

Improvement in Home Or Property Value
-----------------------------------------------
Of course that's not all, as soon as your system is up, you have improved your home value by atleast an equal amount of the investment. Your green energy home is more likely to sell than others with no home generation or emergency power system. Think about it. Look at homes for sale.. Can any of them generate their own free electricity, how many can compete with such a solid green energy capability like your home has. It's an attention getter and will bring people to see what it's about if you ever need to sell, your home has a dramatic edge.

Free Green Power
---------------------
In addition to your home's improved value, 30% government incentive, you will get free reliable electricity every day. The systems are designed for reliable power output for the next 30 years or so. With every increase of the utility company power your investment gets better all the time. Utility costs are rising all over and will accelerate over the next few years.

Wind Only, or Wind+Solar?
-------------------------------
First options in choosing your kit are, wind only, or wind AND solar. You'll notice that in the name description and the model numbers wind/solar, or WS, means kit has solar panels in kit. Having a hybrid wind AND solar system is really going to make it a more consistant green energy system. If you're on a budget, get the wind and you can always add solar later, we will always help you upgrade these systems, it's all based on low price point to get into home power. We can't all afford a giant windmill or solar system, these are affordable. Below is a graph showing the weather cycles of wind/solar and why wind/solar hybrid is so much better than solar only, or wind only systems.

How Much Energy & Budget
-------------------------------
The kits scale up by adding more wind and solar, from 1 turbine to three turbines. If you want a config that isn't listed, Call and I can direct you to a page to purchase larger systems. I actually recommend the smaller systems in most cases because my systems are so easy to add on another unit later, very modular, clear upgrade path. We have configures systems up to 6 turbines in a system, so that's up to 5.1 KW or 5100 watts of hybrid power...

Grid-Tie or Off-Grid?
------------------------
Grid-Tie is more costly but you can tie directly to the home's panel and power goes TO AND FROM the grid. You can actually run the meter backwards, selling Excess Generation to the local utility company. More cost and red-tape, but a really nice way to go if you have the time and budget
to work it out. Grid-Tie Forum

Off-Grid is a way to get started easier, quicker, with less cost and red-tape. Personally, I run Off-Grid because it's so much more economical to build and add to my systems. Additionally, my local Utility does not pay fair prices for my power and it's not a very fair deal for me to go to all that expense. ALSO, You can always upgrade to Grid-Tie later and it's all easily upgradeable anytime. So, I recommend the Off-Grid cheaper systems for starting out. Off-Grid Forum

Here's a link of some pre-sale questions that you may find helpful .

http://windenergy7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19

This next page reads like a FAQ for the turbines and has many questions and answers listed. It's an easy to browse index of things to read about, mostly Q&A. This at WindPowerForums.Com
http://windpowerforums.com/

Owner/Dealers
-------------
We are now present in 13 states with our owner/dealer group. All you need to do to be qualified to be a dealer is to become an owner, go through install and operation of your system. I will spend enough time with you to help you be able to represent the products well. With an install there's all the free phone support and training it takes, usually it's 4 or 5, 1 hour conversations before your system even goes in. So, if you don't know about it, don't worry, I will train you about these system from end to end so that I can have your help selling them, it's grass roots.

We have Yard Signs, Car door Magnets, Business Cards, T-Shirts, Baseball Hats, Postcards, and Brochures, soon to be avail. for dealers to order from the site.

I'm available by phone to talk about the systems if you need pre-sale consult. Call if you want to talk.

We have several different options starting at $2990 and going up from there. Each linked system has a list of what's in it if you click into the pages. Here's list of systems and links to purchase.
Purchase With Credit Card Here

There's so many folks have been considering and thinking over a system, so I just wanted to give fair chance. Many calls are starting to catch me on phone with others. If you call and want a system, I will get back to you and talk about what you need and what we can do.
--
turbineZ
--
turbine@windenergy7.com
admin
Site Admin

Wind Power Kits

Post by admin »

>> I'm interested in your rooftop mounting system, is it for sale
>> and how much?

Sure it's for sale, rooftop wind kits are my invention. We have them for sale online here at the site, pay by credit card and we ship by UPS. You may want to hurry to take advantage of the 30% tax credit this year, if you buy your system hardware and install hardware this month, you can get 30% of that back on your taxes. Our wind turbine rooftop hybrid kits start at $4890 for an off grid. To see and buy our Wind Power Kits.

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, home wind power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar and wind energy kits, wind generation kits
admin
Site Admin

Wind Power Kits?

Post by admin »

>> I'm interested in your rooftop mounting system, is it for sale
>> as a kit and how much does it cost for a system?

Hello, yes, Wind Power Kits are my invention. Rooftop Wind Kits are for sale online here at the site, pay by credit card and we ship by UPS. You may want to hurry to take advantage of the 30% tax credit this year, if you buy your wind power kit and install hardware this month, you can get 30% of that back on your taxes. Our wind turbine rooftop hybrid kits start at $4890 for an off grid. To see and buy our Wind Power Kits.

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, home wind power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar and wind energy kits, wind generation kitsImage
admin
Site Admin

Home Wind Power Kits

Post by admin »

WindEnergy7 is really the inventor of Wind Power Kits. Our Rooftop Wind Kits are complete systems that have all matched and engineered components that are designed and proven as a complete system.

The Home Wind Turbine Kits are for sale online here at the site. Customers can pay by credit card and we ship by UPS.

If you are interested in getting a system you may want to hurry. Tto take advantage of the 30% tax credit this year, you need to buy your wind power kit and install hardware this month, you can get 30% of that back on your taxes. Our wind turbine rooftop hybrid kits start at $4890 for an off grid. To see and buy our Wind Power Kits. Our whole house systems go all the way up to $17,190 for a 4.2kW whole house grid tied system.

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, home wind
power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind
solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar
and wind energy kits, wind generation kits

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open for new dealers but county territories and entire states are being established now, a few states completely established. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.