How Much Does Turbine Cost? How Much Can it Save?

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

How Much Does Turbine Cost? How Much Can it Save?

Post by admin »

Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide
Pictures: Twin Turbine Rooftop Wind Turbines
Pictures: One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower
Pictures: One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop System

>> How much does it cost, how much does it save?
>> Mike, St. Louis, MO

Hello Mike,

Right now our kits start at $2990 and go up from there. What any system saves depends on your wind resources and power costs. In a zone 2 the 700 watt kit should produce about 200kwh a month. In most situations it's a 7 to 10 year payback, windy areas like Oklahoma some are forecasting a 5 year payback on investment. We sell larger systems, as large as you may need. Payback would be similar since the factors are mainly your electricity cost and available wind resources.

There are many variables that can make that better or worse, like proximity to wind obstructions, and local wind direction as relates to direction of roof ridge. In my case, after I invested in wind power, my local electric company, AEP announced a 15% increase for the next three tears. Of course that makes my ROI (return on investment) much shorter immediately. Then the government passed the 30% tax credit for small wind systems, that too shortened my ROI. As power costs go up, the investment gets sweeter and all power costs are rising nationally. Just Google "electricity rate hike". Thanks for your interest.
--
WindEnergy7.com
http://windenergy7.com/turbines
admin
Site Admin

Residential Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post by admin »

Check Out the Residential Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide