Can I Get a Tower Kit Rather Than Roof Mount?

This is the place for all On-Grid or Grid-Tie wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Can I Get a Tower Kit Rather Than Roof Mount?

Post by admin »

>> Subject: Inola OK, RoofMount or Tower Kit substitute?

>> Can I Get a Tower Kit Rather Than Roof Mount? My home
>> is not above ground and the roofmount will be great for
>> other people, but I will have to use some kind of tower
>> for my home demo unit.

Hi Glen, Yes, I have a tower kit that I can send instead of the roofmount. The kit is for a guyed tower, stand up with a hinge, pickup or tractor pull. It has everything except the pipes.

The kit takes 3 lengths of schedule 40 steel pipe which is sourced from any plumbing supply in cut lengths. I think the cut lengths are about 8.5' long. Sched 40 steel 2.375" OD.

Here's a link to a picture of one of our turbines sitting on the guyed tower kit. I can just swap out the roof mount for the tower kit, that's what I did for this customer. His little cabin was not going to give him a good site.

http://windenergy7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71

I have a tower kit on hand, can ship it tomorrow. Roofmount is shipping early this week otherwise. Let me know. If anyone you are selling to needs a guyed tower like this, simply buy the kit and ask for a substitution for a tower kit in place of the roof mount kit. Both kits are two boxes to ship out to the customer by UPS. The Roofmount kit is a complete kit, but due to shipping costs, the tower will require locally sourced pipe.
--
turbineZ
--
turbine@windenergy7.com
Nutch/CVS [Bot]

Post by Nutch/CVS [Bot] »

Hello Sam, my next order will be a grid tie kit. Can you tell me what keeps the turbine from puting power out on the grid when the grid is down. I see that the kit uses a different inverter with no charger, if you have to use batteries with the grid tie how do the batteries get charged??? And why batteries? :)
admin
Site Admin

Grid-Tie Inverter, Batteries, Etc.

Post by admin »

The Grid Tie has both batteries and charger capability, all our systems do. Our systems are ALL emergency power systems and that's one major benefit over most other systems.

The Grid Tie is a 3500 watt inverter, that's standard even with a 700 Grid-Tie. As with all our systems, we expect all customers to add on and build up a system. So, we start out with all the capacity and infrastructure to support atleast three turbines in any system.

The systems have automatic transfer switching that protects the grid (lineman) from power during a blackout. All our systems can run with no grid at all. What would be the point of having a green energy system if it has to have a grid? Most people don't realize that many if not MOST other systems do not run if the grid is down.

Me personally, I will be completely without the grid eventually. So, my designs from day 1 were to be able to run completely stand alone. WE7 systems are about personal energy security and freedom. With these systems you can be free of big utility and government interference. That's one reason I am still off-grid in my system at home. In Ohio the government has provisions in the grid-tie that you agree to their inspection at any time of your power system. That's like a permanent search warrant to me. Additionally, they require lots of disclosure about every detail which is then made public record. I don't like that either. It's my property, my system, I find all that to be very intrusive to my freedom.

Think about it, what if there was an catastrophic event and we lost our whole grid. Would you want your name in a public record of those who have electricity? I don't spend much time worrying over such things, but I find the whole Grid-Tie thing to be real intrusive and restricting. If it were not so creepy I would do it. But it's not even a fair deal here and in most states is not a fair deal to the consumer. In Ohio, I pay .11, they pay me .07 for power that I make and my neighbor uses. That's a rip off and a rig deal between our politicians and the utilities that own them. Then I have to give them a permanent search warrant and pay them for permission? This is no incentive at all, not like Colorado or NJ where the laws and policies are actually done for the consumers as a true incentive.
/