Home Wind Turbine

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Hom Wind Turbine Cost/Investment Return

Post by admin »

Hello,

At $.06/kwH you are paying way below national average which is about $.11/kwH. So, I am not sure you are getting it that low really? Some of the taxes are fixed. Some will be based on use as a percent, so as you begin to run that meter backwards those taxes shrink with your net usage which would go to close to zero.

My math says that $120 divided by 750 kwH is at $.16 per kwH. You are stating $.06 and that's $.10 from what I see in your numbers. In a zone 3, with that high an energy cost, you are at 7 years or better in my opinion but depends on your site. My costs are $.11 in a zone 2 and I will just beat 7 years here is what I am on track for.

The big part of the payback you are missing is the equity improvement to the property. Which many have told me is as good as 100%. Better than adding a swimming pool etc. this system makes your home more valuable and MUCH more appealing in a real estate market comparing to homes who have no backup emergency power, no green feature, no cost of ownership savings. This home, with this system is simply worth far more than it was. It makes it's own electricity and in a blackout has 3 additional sources of power, wind. solar, and battery. Electronics are safer because if your utility had a sag, spike, or brownout, the automatic tranfer switching would maintain your power to keep your electronics safe. Your alarm clocks don't even reset, that's how fast our automatic transfer switching is.

So, this system is arguably paid back from time of installation. It's money in your property equity. In a way it's paid back from first day, then delivering profit. Say you spent 10,000 on it, used it 5 years and had to sell the home. The home is worth 10,000 more than it was before and you can get that back. Your ROI (return on investment) was already made the day it got operational. In a tough market, this home, has a major drawing feature that is must see. It has a lower cost of ownership forever compared to other homes.

Even if you ignore that equity, it has a 10 year ROI strictly by energy production. THEN, it has a long life beyong that 10 years as these systems are designed for a minimum 30 year life. It's robust heavy duty hardware with stainless steel parts etc. There's only 2 moving parts in the whole system to limit wear and extend life. So, aside from equity which is 100% payback, there's another 300% ROI ove the next 30 years. That's a 300% return making it a very good investment.

You are in the northeast where coal power is HEAVY. If you don't think power costs are going through the roof I got news for you. That slides the curve dramatically. Your cost will be rising very soon and very sharp. My utility passed annonced a hike for 15% per year for next three years.. componded. That's because of coal plants having to be scrapped and replaced or the government taxes that will be put on dirty power in this part of the country.

So, in summary, if you have the money and you like the ideas of reliable green power, energy independance, emergency power, environmental responsibility, energy security, it's the best system to buy and at a great price. Yes, I would do this grid tie and a whole house three turbine system will carry that home in a zone 3. There is no question this is a sound investment for you. As a dealer you can completely recover your cost with 8 systems. An article in the local paper can get you on your way there. Call me.
admin
Site Admin

Massachusetts Wind Turbine, Home Wind/Solar Turbine

Post by admin »

Here's some pictures of a first class Grid-Tie WindEnergy7 two turbine rig from a new wind turbine dealer who installed in Weymouth MA.

The dealer and his electricians on their first green energy install really knocked it out of the park and did a first class job. This grid tied system ties into a net metering agreement with National Grid who is their local utility company. Recently the homeowner had replaced windows and done some other improvements with a tankless water heater and then added the green power system.

Here's a link to read about system output and return on investment of a system Return on IUnvestment and System Output

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

Oklahoma Install, One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop Wind Turbine
Small Wind Turbine Kit, Installed in Oklahoma
Rooftop Wind Turbine Kit Install, Indiana
Pictures: Twin Turbine Rooftop Wind Turbines
Pictures: One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower
Pictures: One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop System

One of the things I like about this Massachusetts wind turbine install here is his large battery bank is 660ah which will help him to carry a load for days in a black out. Most of our systems will put in only 8 batteries which is fine but this dealer has more beef in his emergency power since he lives in a coastal area.

You are looking at the most advanced home energy system in Massachusetts. This system features a large battery bank providing instant UPS battery backup to the home. The lightning fast automatic transfer switching will provide backup power so fast that the alarm clocks won't even blink.

[/img]
home wind turbine massachusetts wind turbines, small massachusetts wind turbine, massachusetts wind turbine technology center
Last edited by admin on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Calculating Loads for Small Wind Turbine, Watts?

Post by admin »

>> Hello, I am trying to figure the watts of my appliances. I looked
>> on the backs and all I see is amps and not watts on almost everything
>> I saw. How can I get the watts of each device? Then, how can I
>> figure out the kwH (kilowatt hours) that will be used? Sorry for the
>> dumb question and thanks so much for all the training you have
>> done. I really am starting to get this stuff and in my conversations
>> with potential customers I always know more than them which
>> makes it easy to get into a sales discussion. I have learned it all
>> from you and the customer/dealer support has been great.

Thanks for the compliments Jim. I put allot of blood & treasure into helping all you guys learn the technology so that you can help me sell and support the systems. Yes, you are really getting the stuff down. Thank you for taking so much time to read all this stuff that I put out. It has made your training so much faster than most because you take a lot of time reading posts on the forum.

OK, Amps is a number usually used to think of a maximum load of a device. Watts we use more in renewable energy because it is used more in terms of actual AMOUNT of power.. more like volume of electricity.

To get Watts from Amps is pretty simple. Wattage ratings are usually listed in equipment manuals
or on nameplates. If your equipment is rated in amps, multiply that number times AC utility voltage to estimate watts. (Example: a refrigerator requires 4 amps. So, to get watts 4 amps × 120 volts = 480 watts.)

Like with most rules and calculations it goes backwards too. If you did not know the Amps of that refrigerator but you knew the Watts.. (Example: refrigerator is 480 watts. So, to get Amps 480 watts divided by 120 volts = 4 amps.)
admin
Site Admin

Wiring Diagram for Off-Grid System

Post by admin »

>> In the draft manual you sent, page 11 is a wiring description
>> from top-to-bottom for Grid-Tie systems. There was no similar
>> page for Off-Grid systems like I have. Are you planning
>> to add one?

Same, Same, really. But yes, I will probably duplicate that and change the 60 amp breaker to 30 amp, that's it. The wiring is basically the same in the way that I prefer it. You can get by with many different methods on off-grid but this is the best way to do the system.

I wire the off-grid for an easy upgrade to grid-tie. That's how I like to install, where all I have to do is beef up that one input/bypass breaker and change the inverter out. That same wiring diagram works for Grid-Tie or Off-Grid and from 1 to 3 turbine configuration. But with the off-grid that input/bypass breaker should be a 30 amp, so should the breaker coming from the panel.

Also, of course, with the off-grid there will be NO power travelling up into the panel. Although the wiring can be same, the off-grid and grid-tie do not have same functionality or bandwidth. So, I wire for the Grid-Tie in terms of guage, use lighter input and input/bypass breakers for off-grid.
admin
Site Admin

Wiring for New Green Home, Planning Wind/Solar

Post by admin »

>> Hello, I am planning a new home construction and wanted to
>> know what are your recommendations for the wiring and
>> electrical systems overall. You can be brief and general if
>> you like because I just want to know a little that I can talk
>> about with the architect.

First thing is that everywhere that you can, spend extra money upgrading the guage of all your wiring. 6% of the electricity in a home is lost in resistance travelling through wiring. You can upgrade that to a 2% loss and basically upsize every run in the home. Over 30 years or so, it's a good investment. If you can't afford that, then atleast do it to the main users like, water pump, water heater, stove, kitchen, clothes dryer, etc. Atleast do it on the heaviest used circuits.

Next thing would be to not use anything but screw in lighting. Plan for CFL (compact flourescent) to start with and thus a migration to screw in LED (light emitting diode) later as the technology matures and cost of bulbs comes down. Don't use any tube flourescents bcause those fixtures have a built in ballast and are just not as suitable to a move to LED later. LED will be really big soon, you want to plan for that with all lighting inside and out.

Subpanel for emergency power. I would go ahead and have the system setup with a main panel and subpanel. Put all your emergency/critical loads on the subpanel and that will make your home very ready to wire the green power system right in. That's where the WindEnergy7 Grid-Tie wind/solar hybrid will tie in, right between the main panel and the subpanel.
admin
Site Admin

Minnesota Wind Turbine, Home Turbine Install Pics

Post by admin »

This installation was at a new dealer in Minnesota who put a demo in at their place of business. This is another implementation of a pole mount. This unit was put atop an fiberglass pole because the dealer wanted good visibilirty of the system. This is an Off-Grid 850 watt kit with the upgraded 234 watt panels making it a 934 watt wind/solar hybrid system.

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

The customer used a bucket truck to raise the pole, wire up, and attach the turbine.

Here is the finished install from the outside showing the upgraded 234 watt panels which this dealer mounted to a pole for visibility and to be easily adjustable to the sun. The kits come with roof mount hardware for mounting on a residential

This custom built battery cabinet is a really heavy duty cabinet that the dealer had built locally.

Here's his off-grid inverter and controller. This system is running the lights in the showroom of the business and some other loads on the green circuit. Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

admin
Site Admin

Hawaii Wind Turbine Install, Home Wind Turbine Rooftop

Post by admin »

Here's a really neat picture of another recent install in Hawaii. The coastal residence is within view of the ocean from the turbine's rooftop perch. We sweat bullets over the Somoan Tsunami that led to a Tsunami watch in Hawaii and there for a few hours I was worried for the customer and his new system. WindEnergy7 has customers from Hawaii to Massachusetts and north into Canada. Our systems succeed anywhere they get deployed.

This really interesting photo was captured from an iPhone and the way it captured the motion of the blades was really neat. Instead of appearing as straight and streaking like all other photos we have, the iPhone caught them maybe imaged from outside to the center or something. Can't explain this effect and how it worked out. Showed many photographers who thought it was doctored and don't know of a way to capture an image like that on purpose...

We have many new customers coming from Hawaii because of the excellent performance of our wind/solar hybrid there. The tradewinds spin the system round the clock and the solar kicks strong all day. With a local utilty cost as high as Hawaii, reported as HIGH AS $.55, these systems have about a 2 year ROI which is a payback that makes anyone in the mainland jealous.

Turbine, Wind/Solar Buyer's Guide

Twin Turbine Rooftop Wind Turbines, Michigan
Illinois One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open for new dealers but county territories and entire states are being established now, a few states completely established. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

If you just want to look at the wind/solar hybrid kits we have for home energy or to buy one online Buy Home Wind/Solar Here
admin
Site Admin

Turbine/Solar Dealer Yard Signs, Business Cards, Ready

Post by admin »

I have finally completed the store for purchasing materials for your local sales efforts. So, dealers and customers can buy their branded materials from here now. Shipping is inccluded in prices. If there's type to be set, price includes putting your phone number etc on some of the items, just reply to us with your receipt and the details you wnt, we will send back a proof by email of the typesetting. So, typesetting and shipping is included in the cost. Hit this link to go to the new storefront.

Wind Turbine & Solar Panel Dealer Sales Materials

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open for new dealers but county territories and entire states are being established now, a few states completely established. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

If you just want to look at the wind/solar hybrid kits we have for home energy or to buy one online Buy Home Wind/Solar Here
admin
Site Admin

Buy Wind Turbine, Buy Solar Panels, Solar Cells for Sale

Post by admin »

Hello, we have the new storefront operational now. Here you can order wind turbine kits, wind/solar hybrid kits, and solar electric kits for the home. You can buy all the residential wind turbine stuff you need and see all the different systems compared. Please have a look at the new store and let us know what you think.

Buy Wind Turbine, Buy Solar Panels, Solar Cells for Sale

Buy Wind Turbine Tower Kits for Sale
Buy Wind/Solar, System Upgrade Kits for Sale
Buy Solar Panels Home Electric Kits for Sale - Off-Grid
Buy Solar Panels Home Electric Kits for Sale - Grid-Tied
Buy Wind Turbine Dealer Branded Materials for Sale
admin
Site Admin

New HO, High Output Rooftop Wind Systems, Promotion

Post by admin »

Hello Everybody,

I have been really busy working on and testing the new systems. This new system is our new HO (High Output) system. I am building a new system on my exterior garage that features 3 turbines at 1180 watts ea. and 6 solar panels at 117 watts ea. So, on my home I'm installing an HO-4.2kW. The new systems represent the most advanced and capable renewable energy system for the home.. period.

We invented the rooftop turbine kit, patented inventions to make home power work, and perfected the wind/solar hybrid home. So, now we bring you the next level in home electric power.. The HO-4.2kW.

Before I tell you about the systems, here's the DEAL. For the next few days I am selling the HO System at the same price as our popular Grid-Tie 850watt and related kits. So, in all sizes it's 160% more power for same price. That's just till the supplies run out. If you are serious, call me and talk and I'll answer any questions you have. I expect these systems to go in about 2 to 3 days from this post. After that, I will be posting the kits for sale at full retail price. These systems will be much more expensive.. They are 160% power of prior systems, so buying now is a very good deal for all dealers and customers of WindEnergy7 LLC.

Taking orders personally by phone only on this promotion. Be glad to answer any questions and consult with you about the system.

All Grid-Tie Capable:
=============
These HO systems are all grid tie ready but can easily run Off-Grid if necessary.

Complete Energy Security:
=================
The systems feature emergency power backup with 4x power, wind, solar, battery, and grid for ultimate energy security in your residence or business. These will run great with a grid-tie or not, and are all UL1741 ready.

Choice in Size:
=========
These new HO systems can be bought in 3 different kit sizes. Kits can be upgraded to next larger size. Kits can be stacked into larger and larger Wind/Solar hybrid arrays for commercial buildings. Example 30 rooftop turbines and 60 solar panels on a warehouse building to a 42kW Grid-Tied system. Kits can be bought with quantity discounts built right into our website pricing.

HO-4.2kW
======
This new HO 3 turbine 6 panels system is a whole house 4.2kW (4242 watt) rooftop wind solar hybrid system. It's basically same as our previous systems but slight improvements, more production, more output for your home electric powr.

HO-2.8kW
======
This new HO 2 turbine 4 panels system is a whole house 2.8kW (2828 watt) rooftop wind solar hybrid system. It's basically same as our previous systems but but slight improvements, more production, more output for your home's energy.

HO-1.4kW
======
This new HO 1 turbine 2 panels system is a whole house 1.4kW (1414 watt) rooftop wind solar hybrid system. It's basically same as our previous systems but but slight improvements, more production, more output for your residential energy.