Roof Turbine Vibration, roof vs pole, 6 v ?

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
Antoniojfa

Roof Turbine Vibration, roof vs pole, 6 v ?

Post by Antoniojfa »

I have some concerns. Other sites have mentioned vibration and noise. I'm concerned about the roof mount. I don't want to damage my house nor could a endure a noisy device that close to the living space.

I also need some clarification er voltage. Your system uses 6 v batteries. Most of my stuff operates off 12 volt batteries. IE: DC equipment and items used in the car. I believe I read where the turbine is producing 48 volts? I am having a hard time understanding the concept. I;m sure as time goes by I will want to add additional components (solar panels). I want to sure I am getting equipment that is versatile and standard enough to work with other stuff.

I have one location where I can use the roof and another where I need to get the turbine higher so I assume I'll need a pole. What specs would I need for a pole. (no cables, it would be in concrete and supported about 12 feet up at the edge of the roof.)
admin
Site Admin

Roof Turbine, Vibration and Noise Concern and Voltage?

Post by admin »

Hello Morgan,

Yes, I get allot of questions about vibration and noise. I also see that so much of it is due to the mass of information on the internet and from so called "Experts" who will say rooftop wind is a bad idea. These people all failed, then went about saying it would not work. If you followed their attempts in detail, you would see that most were using some junkyard, wooden bladed, unbalanced turbine. Others tried to put some oversized giant load on a roof with a poorly designed method.

Well, unfortunately this is all the information coming from people who failed to succeed at this idea. My first R&D turbine was a roof mount. My first attempt was more successful than any of these other "Experts" As I read about all their failures and discovered that I had actually invented the perfect solution, I decided to perfect my method and then patent both the method and apparatus. We have been through over 90 design models to perfect the invention we are selling. So, me and my dealers are the only ones with a proper method and apparatus to do rooftop wind. Good for us.

My first turbine on my roof was virtually silent. We proceeded to improve it anyway and devised the perfect invention to solve all vibration and noise issues possible. In my experience, In high winds, on my roof and others, you will hear the trees, siding, etc make more noise than the turbine.

With regard to the voltage questions. The batteries are just used for storage. The inverter handles all conversion to 120v house power. That output from the inverter can power your TV, washing machine, lighting, whatever. So, don't get too caught up in worry over 24v vs 12v etc. It's all designed and engineered like this for good reason and you will like the performance of our system.

With regard to the pole. You stated 12' up at the edge of the roof. If you do a pole mount it should never touch the home. This is actually one of the problematic methods that the "Experts" tried to use. You should NEVER mount touching a wall, or with a mast that goes through the roof. So, for a pole mount it's OK to get close to the house but should not touch the home or building. We can do a 26 foot free standing tower. This tower has a hinge to tilt up and erect without a crane. We also have the guyed tower with guy wires which is an inexpensive and easy method but needs a larger footprint and has cables coming out from sides for stability. You say that's not a good option for you.
--
turbineZ
--
turbine@windenergy7.com
Antoniojfa

Post by Antoniojfa »

On the power issue, I'm just trying be sure I can get spare parts handily in an emergency. I don't want anything that can't be repalced locally and easily if i can't get a hold of you.
The next issue with the roof mount is high wind. I'm worried about damaging my roof.
Thanks for the insight to the pole mount. I had an idea to drop the pole in a concrete filled hole and support it against the building. Due to the lay of the land, I can't use the guy wire option. The hinged pole is guy wired is it not? My problem is the wind at that location is 20 feet about the building.
admin
Site Admin

Pole Mount Turbine, Home Turbine Towers

Post by admin »

No the hinged pole is free standing but has a hinge so that you don't need a crane. Both the hinged pole and the guywire are hinged. The guywire stands up with a car, tractor, etc pulling on the cable. The hinged free standing pole has a hydraulic tilt up and is able to also lay down as well. I have a guy in Oklahoma that is working on a tower that is aluminum lattice with sections, but that would require a crane. Still a real nice option. We are not a full go yet, still waiting to confirm that the weight and load will work on that tower.

--
turbineZ
--
turbine@windenergy7.com