Install Costs and What Else not In Kits

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Install Costs and What Else not In Kits

Post by admin »

>> What would the installation/ start up costs be for a
>> residential home in Iowa Park, TX.

Usually for a single turbine kit if done full service, turn key install you are looking at about $1500 for very nice professional install with all bells and whistles. If you do all the work and just have an electrician finish wiring, probably $300 bucks or so. These costs vary based on local providers, materials and so forth.

Kits come with everything except labor, wire, batteries, and battery cabinet. These are all things that can be sourced locally and people do everything from top notch to bare bones on that part, so it's up to you and budget. I like a metal battery cabinet like this below.

Some peoople will clear out a closet and put shelving in and make a battery closet, save a few bucks. Or some will take time, find a cabinet like this at a local used office furniture place for $30, mine cost $230 to $270 new. So between new and used cabinet can save a couple hundred bucks.

Wiring varies from home to home, length of runs, local codes, etc. Also, like I have seen hunting cabin style done with heavy loose extension cords in a circuit, all the way to complete hard wired circuit like pictured here above. Some do it cheap, then fix it up as they go.