How Can I Determine My Site's Wind Resources Accurately

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
AdsBot [Google]

How Can I Determine My Site's Wind Resources Accurately

Post by AdsBot [Google] »

hi, i'm an electrical contractor and i'm looking at buying a three turbine, 2100 off-grid system for my workshop. i want to become the wind turbine dealer for the dfw metroplex area. so, the turbines will be going in close to arlington texas, actually in grand prairie if anyone knows where that is? it's pretty flat terrain and my shop is in a warehouse district. there's other buildings around me but no trees or hills. all the surrounding buildings are about same height and my building has a slight pitch, normal metal building. i am thinking of putting the three turbines close to the front of building where people can see them.
admin
Site Admin

How to Accurately Determine Wind Resources for Home

Post by admin »

We sell a weather monitor that is wireless, has software for computer data tracking, it's $159 for Wireless Weather Monitor. Other than that, there are wind maps you can see at our site. Go here: http://windenergy7.com/turbines/ Click on link at right, says Wind Maps. We usually use the DOE maps from US Dept. of Energy. These maps are based on decades of data collection and provide a general measurement to make decisions and estimates by.

Most every site goes by the DOE Wind Maps and uses that data because it is combined by data collected over many years. It can take a year to do a complete wind analysis on a home site and use the instrumentation, monitoring, etc. Most likely with all that effort, it will show you close to what the DOW wind maps were stating. Many people buy the monitoring kit with their system because it can deliver more monitoring data that they can use to track the performance of their home wind turbine.
admin
Site Admin

Small Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post by admin »

I would recommend the solar hybrid kits because the wind only will go up and down in output and having the solar balances the output so much as they are really offset of each other peak and valley. It's like peanut butter with jelly! check out the Small Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide