Home Wind Turbine

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

What is Wind map for Greek Islands Wind Turbine, Kefalonia?

Post by admin »

>> What is Wind map for Greek Islands Wind Turbine, Kefalonia?

The island has great wind resources that are above average and making your site a vable wind site. The average mean wind speed is:

6-7 m/s which is to 13.4 to 15.7 mph

Being coastal is always an advantage because of the strength and continuity that wind builds up as it traverses water. So, being lakeside, seaside, or waterfront is good. Especially if the predominant wind direction is normally coming in from the direction of the water.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sam, I need a drawing with main panel and green box using the interlock machanicial switching. not sure how to wire it up?
admin
Site Admin

Wind Turbine Diagrams

Post by admin »

Hello Rex,

I will send you the wind turbine diagram that uses the mechanical interlock switching. The wind turbine diagram for the grid-tie wind turbine kit. That diagram shows the wind turbine setup using a full bypass loop and the mechanical interlock switch for our systems. You may already have a copy of that, it was about page 12 or so in the last new manual draft that I sent to you in PDF.
admin
Site Admin

Wind Turbine Diagrams

Post by admin »

>> Sam, I need a drawing with main panel and green box using the
>> interlock machanicial switching. not sure how to wire it up?

Wind Turbine Diagrams
Hello Rex,

I will send you the wind turbine diagram that uses the mechanical interlock switching. The wind turbine diagram for the grid-tie wind turbine kit. That diagram shows the wind turbine setup using a full bypass loop and the mechanical interlock switch for our systems. You may already have a copy of that, it was about page 12 or so in the last new manual draft that I sent to you in PDF.

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, home wind
power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind
solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar
and wind energy kits, wind generation kits

Related To: wind turbine generator single line diagram wind turbinr diagram wind turbine diagrams 12v inverter circuit diagram of solar energy panels wind turbine diagrams solar panel diagrams of wind power battery charger circuit diagram solar power diagrams wiring diagram instructions pv grid tie system charge controller schematic diagram wind mill diagram wind turbines diagram of wind turbine build wind electricity home
admin
Site Admin

BP Solar Panels to Buy?

Post by admin »

>> Can I buy BP Solar panels from you. I see that you use some
>> BP Solar panels in your kits and I was wondering if I can buy the
>> BP Solar Panels directly from you without the whole kit?
>> Thanks, Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I do sell panels in pairs but am not selling the bp solar panels anymore because of the production yield. The panels I am selling now outperform the bp solar panels that I used to use with my kits. So, I haven't sold any BP solar panels in awhile. I can sell you any kind of panels you like but it needs to be a decent sized order, maybe $3000 or more and I will do you a custom quote. No problem, buy bp solar panels or any other kind you like.

If you want to buy our panels, you can buy them one pair at a time. They are 117watt rated, so a pair is 234 watts and you can buy them at the following URL:

http://windenergy7.com/home-wind/turbin ... exp=&cat=3

Related To: 10 mega watt turbine generator to buy helix wind turbinebp solar panels buy bulk organic food onlinebuy solar power generatorhow to buy wind energy creditsbuy generators on linebuy propane fueled recreational power generatorswhere can i buy solar
admin
Site Admin

Grid Tie Upgrade from Off-Grid

Post by admin »

>> I am wanting to upgrade my off grid single turbine to an HO
>> system 2 turbine grid-tie. Can you take my 700 turbine and
>> Off Grid inverter on trade in and configure me a kit to get
>> this accomplished. Kit wors well, want more juice for winter.
>> Jim

Hello Jim,

Yes, sure, I will send you a custom quote to get this done. I will be taking in your 700 watt turbine and off-grid inverter in on trade. That must be in great shape and have ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING or I cannot take in on trade. It will be tested here and repacked and i will sell it to someone as a trade in, pre-owned system, will put a new roof mount with it. I have been selling several of these upgrades and people buy the trade-ins right away.

You will have to upgrade some of your wiring to do the upgrade from off-grid to grid tie, will require 6 guage all around inverter, breakers, battery cabinet, bypass etc. I will send you a quote for this upgrade with a link to pay by credit card and we can get started. Give me a coupke of days. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Used Wind Turbines, Save $1000

Post by admin »

I have another off-grid system coming in off trade in from a customer. The guy is buying a 2.8kW HO Turbine System and trading in his 700 watt off grid starter kit system. So, this is a turbine and inverter that has run less than a year, has original packaging, in good cosmetic an operational shape. The roof mount kit and additional stuff will all be new because the guy is using that in his upgraded system and leaving the rest in place on his house. So, this is a $2990 system new, $1000 off for a system less than a year old. System comes with full new system warranty and will be tested and completely checked out prior to shipping it back out to you. I can add new solar panels to the kit if you want it with solar. This won't last long, most of the trade ins have been selling in about a week from the time I get them in. Full warranty and complete support just like a new system.

Call or email me at WindEnergy7.com
-----------------
Used Wind Turbine Complete System = 700 watt, no solar $1990
Used Wind Turbine Complete System = 934 watt, wind solar hybrid system $2890
admin
Site Admin

Ohio Home Wind Turbine Install = 4.2kW Wind/Solar

Post by admin »

Hello Everybody,

Below are some of the first video clips of the new installation at my house. I have been rebuilding the home wind turbine system at my house and it's been slow going because I am doing it between customer support and sales calls. But I have the turbines flying and the system s coming together nicely. Here is the video clip of the system in about a 10mph wind after I got it all up on the roof. This video is prior to installing the solar panels. I will have more video and photos processed and posted soon as I can. This is the new WindEnergy7 HO Home Rooftop Wind Turbine Kit 4.2kW.

Home Wind Turbine Video

Home Wind Turbine Home Wind Turbines

I will be posting many, many nice pictures and video this weekend of the 4.2kW system install. I will email out some links to that sometime this weekend probably.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, I'll look it up. My system last month run very well in 165 hrs kwh in and kwh out figures 76% off the system.

Rex
admin
Site Admin

Why Battery Bank in Cabinet vs. Shelves?

Post by admin »

Mainly this is about safety and security of the system and user is why I prefer a cabinet, always.

Battery bank shelving needs proper clearnce between shelves. In order to service, maintain, replace and even when putting on the cabling, if clearance with metal shelving is too tight, not as good for safety. It's real easy to make an accidental contact, ground, and cause short, arc, spark, Needs 3 to 4" minimum working clearance above batteries.

It's really easy to short out when putting cables on and replacing batteries etc. A short can cause a fire or battery to explode etc. I will feel WAY more comfortable if you give at least 3 to 4" clearance in there. You will need to check fluids every few months too, from time to time add a bit of water, and need a little working space for maintenance.

The battery spacing side/side is good to me at 1/2" to 2", just add enough headroom for working space and maintenance. I would add a 1/2" plywood under the batteries. I can't remember what the technical reason was but I was trained to set batteries on non-conductive surface. Wood or a non corrosive plastic is used for that in any installation that I do.

I have been thinking of going to a concrete board or large ceramic tiles so that I have non conductive and non combustible.

Another note, because of spark hazard, I would prefer a cabinet, and I would be concerned about lawnmower or and gasoline in that area close to the battery bank. FOR SURE open the area and let it air out, maybe roll out the mower before you work with battery cables and the connection of the inverter. There is spark, arc, when you connect batteries to inverter usually, and pretty common to have spark & arc here and there when connecting battery cables.

Remember not to smoke when working with a battery bank or checking fluid levels. If that gas is not vented it is combustible and corrosive, that's a good reason to contain it with a cabinet and vent it to the outside.

Another little tip for safey, flip batteries in orientation to put your positive terminals in back of battery bank. This puts the negative out front and it makes it less likely to have an accidental short. With the positives in back, they are a bit more obscured and just harder to hit with a tool or something.

A cabinet helps to contain heat and warmth to keep batteries from freezing, contains corrosion, controls gasses, contains a potential explosion, combustion. Batteries will last longes in a comfortable room temperature and although they will work in heat and cold the battery bank should not be allowed to hit freezing levels. If batteries freeze, they become hazardous to charge. So, if you have a battery bank in cold, the cabinet helps maintain a temperature that is safe. YES I am going through a list of extreme possibility. But, for me, $238 is worth protecting from these things. So, consider it. An appropriate battery cabinet is, to me, a necessity. You will not see a battery bank at MY HOUSE without the cabinet, a metal cabinet.

I have seen plenty of shelved battery banks and so it's not uncommon, and is done allot. But I have to (as a worthy trainer) propose what I believe and why I would do this or that. I do think the cabinet is the way to go and I always use a cabinet with batteries enclosed inside steel, vented to outside with an dryer style air vent.