New Install in OKlahoma, What else do I need to get?

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

New Install in OKlahoma, What else do I need to get?

Post by admin »

> Would it be possible to get 4 of those batteries from you. I called
> an interstate dealer here in town and he was wanting roughly $135 for
> a 6V Deep cycle battery. I'll probably go with 4 now, and then add
> more later on.

Hi Shawn,

From what another dealer is doing on turn-key installs, he and his electrician found the 6v Golf Cart batteries at Sam's for less than $80. Compare specs and such to interstate U2200. That may be an easy option for you. Shipping batteries is not cost effective as you can imagine. Since you have so much wind there, the 4 batteries will be good enough to start out.

Your battery cabinet and inverter can actually be completely installed before the turbine. Focus on the cabinet and inverter as a phase 1. It can run as a battery bank with an, inverter/charger alone. Then if you look at the battery cabinet diagram, you see the charge controller and turbine can simply be added as phase 2 when the inverter, cabinet, and battery bank are completed.

We prefer and advise that you do your system in this progression, build system in 2 stages like that.

You need..

Metal Cabinet, battery cabling, batteries, dryer vent kit, then your wiring to the turbine from cabinet, your wiring for inveter to the new green circuit etc. Maybe some hardware to mount the charge controller into the cabinet back wall, some tools etc. I think that's it.

Roofmount kit and turbine kit have all nuts, bolts, lag screws, etc. So, you won't need anything but tools and elbow grease for that part of it.
Last edited by admin on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Small Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post by admin »

See the small turbine buyer's guide here.