"Whole House" Wind/Solar vs. Smaller System

The place for all Rooftop Turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions or problems with Rooftop Wind Turbines.
Rooftop Wind Turbine
Site Admin

"Whole House" Wind/Solar vs. Smaller System

Postby Rooftop Wind Turbine » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 am

>> I checked my electric bill. we use approx 950 kwatts
>> a month. Would 1 kit with a solar panel cover our
>> household needs? Thanks Lori.

Hi Lori,

A single turbine will generate a portion of that. I would say on an average site it's from 200 to 250 kwH a month and it varies allot depending on your site. Trees, hills, obstructions or large buildings next door etc. can affect output. Of course many have better wind than you do in Ohio, for instance in parts of Texas, Oklahoma, etc. the yields are as much as double what you can get in Ohio.

It takes 2 or 3 with solar to make a "whole house" system. A smaller system is usually installed as a backup power GREEN CIRCUIT, to carry part of your homes load and have power off-grid so that in storm or power outage, terrorist attack, whatever, you still have mission critical power for refrigerator, sump pump, heater blower motor, etc. emergency lighting, stuff like that.

So, most people are starting out with a GREEN CIRCUIT and building their system up from there. You can add on as you wish and build up from an Off-Grid single turbine system to a Whole House Grid-Tie Wind/Solar hybrid. This is one of the main selling points of the WindEnergy 7 kits is that it has a low price point, lots of options, and complete upgrade ability.
--
Thanks,
turbineZ
turbine@windenergy7.com

Return to “Rooftop Wind Turbine Forum”