Roof Mount Windmill/Solar Conduit Pictures?

The place for all Rooftop Turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions or problems with Rooftop Wind Turbines.
Rooftop Wind Turbine
Site Admin

Roof Mount Windmill/Solar Conduit Pictures?

Postby Rooftop Wind Turbine » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 pm

>> Sam, After the last conversation with you I am ready to install the solar
>> panels and wind turbines. I am having a roofer come out this weekend
>> to mark the rafters like we talked about. I am getting all my hardware
>> lined up and ready to go. Is there any pictures of the conduit that you
>> use on the roof for the turbine and solar panel wiring? You explained it
>> really well but if there are pictures would be GREAT. Your technical
>> emails were very good. I have learned so much. Thank You, Jim.

Hello Jim, The legs are 38" long and then the area from there to the peak is variable based on how steep the angle of the roof. Probably about 10"

They have stud finders now that can show you the exact edge of each truss or rafter. Stanley makes one that I have. I think they are ultrasound. You may get one and try it, see if it will save you lots of time & materials by marking the spots very accurately.

Yes, the roof work with the mounts and wiring can be done early if you like. The panels rails as well... kind of same thing.

This attached document will help you with identifying some of these parts and pieces and includes part numbers if you source from Grainger. You may be able to make a complete parts list and find a local electrical supply. That approach will save you money over Home Depot and Lowes but requires a bit more organized approach.

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.

Return to “Rooftop Wind Turbine Forum”