Do you Sell Any VAWT, Vertical Wind Turbines?

The place for all Rooftop Turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions or problems with Rooftop Wind Turbines.
Rooftop Wind Turbine
Site Admin

Do you Sell Any VAWT, Vertical Wind Turbines?

Postby Rooftop Wind Turbine » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:45 am

>> What have you got in VAWT (Vertical Axis Wind Turbine) equipment

Hello,

I don't mess with any VAWT (Vertical Axis Wind Turbine), not productive design. Until the laws of physics, aerodynamics, and mechanical logic change, I don't see my company doing anything with VAWT. I only sell systems that I would own and install on my own house, systems I would invest my own money into. VAWT not a fit for any of that.

As the wind catches the one side of a vertical turbine, the back side goes headlong into the headwind. Thus a consistant drag is against the direction you seek to go.

Like riding a bike against the wind (VAWT) Vertical Axis Wind Turbine

Compared to riding a bike with no headwind (HAWT) Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine

Ever see a wind farm with big vertical turbines? Ever see a water windmill with a vertical turbine? Why is that?

Many would say it's so new and advanced.. NOT. These mills were played with in China way, way back when windmills, clocks, and stuff were invented. In 1930 there was a patent awarded. So, why is there none on commercial wind farms.

IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD GET FIRED FOR SELECTING INNEFFICIENT AND INFERIOR TURBINES. The only venue for these are poor homeowners who don't know that a good VAWT will never equal a good HAWT. No matter how aerodynamic you make it, design it, it still has an equal backside force that will keep it from being as productive as a propellor type windmill design.

Think about it. Can you drive a car with the brakes on? Can you drive a boat dragging an anchor? Can you ride a bike uphill? Can you ride a bike against a tough headwind. Sure. BUT SHOULD YOU PREFER IT OVER LESS RESISTANT CHOICES?

Return to “Rooftop Wind Turbine Forum”