Pre Sale Questions for 4.2kw Home Wind Turbine

This is the place for all On-Grid or Grid-Tie wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.

How Many Times A Year Does Your Utility Black Out?

Total votes: 0

admin
Site Admin

Pre Sale Questions for 4.2kw Home Wind Turbine

Post by admin »

>> Hi Samuel,
>> WHAT IS THE AMOUNT OF THE TAX REBATE?? WHAT IS THE WARRANTY
>> OF THE COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM?

30% of the total installed cost, that includes my kit cost, wiring, electrician labor etc. Warranty is 2 year bumper to bumper with some components as much as 10 years.

>> DO YOU NEED A COMPANY LIKE OURS TO INSTALL THESE SYSTEMS
>> FOR YOU.??

Yes. The local dealer gets inside track to close on install jobs in the territory. However, a customer is not bound to have it installed, some do a self install etc. But if you are the dealer, you get 12% commission off and kit sold into your area, no matter who installs.

>> HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE SYSTEM SHIPPED AFTER
>> IT IS ORDERED .

Average is parts showing up within 10 days, starts with heart of system, final parts in about 21 days from order. Mostly ships by ups in boxes of weights easy to deal with. I build and pack every system myself so that I know it's ship shape. I do take longer once in awhile because I test all components and will not rush things and have them not work in the field. A couple of times a year I will get a rush of sales and it slows down because I still lay hands on every part. But it's the way I insure 100% in the field. It all ships by UPS with tracking and email notifications as to what's coming and when.

>> IS THERE BATTERY BACK UP ENOUGH TO RUN 4 KW FOR TWENTY
>> FOUR HOURS.

You can but most installs are 8 batteries. If you want more capacity, you can put in as many as you can afford. They are about $80 a piece. 8 batteries is 460 amp hours. You can calculate for whatever battery backup capacity you want, scale it up to that and system is ready to support, yes up to 4kw - 24hr. Usually you go into hunker down mode, not running everything. Additionally the system makes allot of power in storm conditions which continues to generate while utility is in black out.