TX, How to General Cost of Large Home/Ranch Turbine System

This is the place for all On-Grid or Grid-Tie wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

TX, How to General Cost of Large Home/Ranch Turbine System

Post by admin »

>> i am interested in a wind turbine system for my home and ranch.
>> I am looking for someone to help design and execute the project
>> plans. we have a home that uses about 8800 kilowatt hours per
>> month, sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less. If you would
>> contact me, or send me a phone number so that I may contact you.
>> We are in south west fort worth texas on the wind map we border
>> between a class 2-3. we have 35 acres of land, im sure that is
>> sufficient for a setup.
>> Jill

Your requirements would require a large system with a tower. For a QUICK and very round number method to figure out general cost. Take your current monthly energy cost, multiply by 7 to 10 yrs. That's 84 to 120 months. That's a ball park for what your system would cost to handle ALL your power.

Many, many customers choose to simply power a portion of their energy due to what they can spend. So, you can put in a smaller system. The systems have a 30 year expected life to rebuild. So, any of our systems are expected to make power WAY beyond the return on your investment.

So, in terms of figuring the value of such a investment. The payback is as sure as Texas wind will blow. As sure as you will use electricity. Over the next 30 years it is expected to take only 10 years to pay you back. There is no better place to put your money that I know of. If you want to become a dealer, selling neighbors and locals a similar system pays up to 12% of the sales....

In the first year, the IRS pays you back 30% in a tax credit. Now, that's a solid investment IMO. Hope that helps.