Final Pre-Sale Questions for Customer/Dealer

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Final Pre-Sale Questions for Customer/Dealer

Post by admin »

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an older post from when our standard turbines were ONLY 700 watt. Our current HO 1.4 (High Output) turbines are much more powerful and you must keep in mind that the turbines discussed in this post are no longer sold. Other than that fact, the technical nature of this post is relevant and accurate. Please keep in mind, the current HO turbines are far more powerful and our systems have undergone major upgrading since this post was made.

Additionally the solar was only 150 watts in the older systems, this is now up to 394 watts, almost double. Again, WindEnergy7 LLC has improved system output and functionality since releasing out first systems years ago.

>
> I believe we're ready to get started.? We do have a few more questions.
>
> 1.? @ full capacity what will a 700 watt? turbine run and for how long?

Well, at full capacity it can actually make 906 watts at peak wind speed. So, that would be .9 kWh per hour. .9 kWh x 24 = 21.6 kWh/day, 21.6 kWh/day would be 648 kWh/month.

But this is not realistic and that's not what your (actual yield) will be. The actual yield depends on many factors and they are variable.

(1) Wind Resource = Geographically what your wind resource is.
(2) Site wise what wind obstructions in proximity to your mill, normal direction of wind vs direction of peak of your roof. If broad side of roof faces normal wind direction, the roof acts as a wind collector and like a spoiler, you get increased output with that directional relationship. Example, my garage has the broad face facing west, 80% of my heavy wind comes from west/southwest.
(3) Season, Time of year as the wind is strongest in winter and weakest in summer.

So, it is possible that you could reach full capacity in a really lucky winter month but not likely. Output will go up and down based on all these variables day to day, month to month, season to season.

This is why solar is so important as a compliment to wind. As the wind solar seasonal output graph shows, solar is really a solid supplement for generating precisely when wind is weakest, mid summer. Now keep in mind we have a battery bank providing stability of power as this generation can go up and down. There's also a charging capability in the inverter to use house power in a pinch. That's something other off-grid systems do not have.

> 2. Acting alone what will each system alone operate at full
> capacity (Wind verse Solar) 700 watt?kit?

The Solar adds 150 watts of consistant charging when wind is weakest right in the summer. The wind blows at night when there is no sun. The two compliment each other to make a better system than either will be alone. Have a look at this graph..

> 3. On an average, your current customers what are they saving.

For a 700 watt with no solar, about $25 to $30 a month. BUT, we have customers paying from $.07 to $.18 per kWh... People with wind zones from Zone 2 to Zone 5..... Some have better wind than others. It's about a 10 year payback in most cases. It can go longer, it can go shorter. Some in Oklahoma with high electrical cost and great wind are looking at 6 years or so to payoff a system. Also, as costs go up, the savings get better. And costs are going up all over the US. Example.. AFTER I invested in my wind system the govt. announced the $4000 rebate, then, the Utility, AEP, announced a 15% increase for EACH OF NEXT THREE YEARS. My payback immediately went from 10 years to about 6, just like that.

> 4. What does the 700 watt kit include? Actual hardware?

Everything but some wiring and the batteries. We cannot anticipate your wiring distances and there are options as to how many batteries, how large a battery bank you put in. We recommend 12ea. 6v batteries. You can use 4, 8, or 12. It states the kit contents on the purchase page here.

http://windenergy7.com/home-wind/invoic ... G-700.html

That link above is to buy a wind only 700 watt system as pictured here below.

> 5. As a dealer does our % include installation?

We don't install, the local dealer will either install, or support you by referring you to his normal resources that he knows. If you are going to be the first dealer in your area then I recommend involving an electrician and we can support the install by phone and email. Any electrician can do this install, it's simply a home appliance that generates electricity. The system is a well designed kit, all components work together.

As a dealer the install is YOUR option to provide or support locally. The install is the second and really most natural opportunity for you to make more money. We just manufacture, market, ship, and cut commissions. We do support but actually you will be primary support in your territory, that way you can make money with install and support services.

> 6. Will you except cashiers checks for now for purchases.

I prefer not to, but if that's only way, we can do. Let me know and I will email you an invoice with payee info etc. You can buy through our website at that link above by credit card. We ship by UPS to lower 48 Only. If you send a check, we don't consider the order truly live until that clears the bank, then we will fill and process the order.

Massachusetts Grid-Tie Home Wind Turbines Installed
Oklahoma Install, One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop Wind Turbine
Small Wind Turbine Kit, Installed in Oklahoma
Rooftop Wind Turbine Kit Install, Indiana
Pictures: Twin Turbine Rooftop Wind Turbines
Pictures: One Turbine Wind/Solar Hybrid With Tower
Pictures: One Turbine Wind Only Rooftop System

TAGS: wind kit, wind kits, wind power kits, home wind
power kits, wind solar kits, solar and wind kits, wind
solar power kits, wind and solar power kits, solar
and wind energy kits, wind generation kits

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.
Last edited by admin on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Home Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post by admin »

See the home turbine buyer's gide post.