Battery Cabinet Shelf Capacity and Reinforcement

This is the place for all Off-Grid wind turbine issues and discussions. Customers meet each other, dealers and installers help out with questions.
admin
Site Admin

Battery Cabinet Shelf Capacity and Reinforcement

Post by admin »

Yes, the 150 lb shelf capacity is an issue. But these batteries do spread load and much focussed right to edges in sides and back. What the photos do not show yet is the shelves are supported by extra 2x2 blocking underneath, screwed from sidewalls, and then a 2x4 across center and screwed with 3" screws from sides. There are many, many installs of this cabinet with different ways of supports for the shelves people have employed. The heavier Tennesco is so much more expensive and harder to get. With about $20 in lumber and screws this is no problem at all.

I must say though. After going through an install recently where an existing cabinet was used that did not have sufficient space. It made me appreciate how well the system design of using these cabinets works. How well it fits, looks, easy to work in and work with. Easy to repeat again and again on multiple sites and installs. This actually one of the best things we do with a system is make it so tidy and orderly looking.

I really discourage using closets, and existing cabinets. If you do that, measure the batteries and plan carefully to be sure it is all going to fit appropriately. It's a total drag on an install to be playing with a cabinet that isn't correct or spending as much time building a cabinet as it takes to put in a system. I understand working in a budget and having to do what you can afford. So, people in that situation I totally get it. My first battery bank was nowhere near this nice and well designed.

This standard method we use is well thought out. This looks good, works good, is easier than almost any other thing you can do. So, as a dealer, this model is efficient and cost effective, best to deploy and demonstrate for others.

A wooden battery box on floor like clayhill mentioned is a common method I have seen allot for solar installs. This metal cabinet though as a demo example is preferred and recommended as it makes a great presentation and function and is better for our branding of WE7 systems. This is a much better method and design than what others are doing out there. I want to encourage continuity as much as possible with systems being deployed.

I'm trying to get my latest pictures and videos edited of battery bank and cabinet building. Email me if you have not seen my videos about building the battery cabinet, I have about 4 videos online for show & tell on how to do your battery cabinet.

Anyone wanting a small wind turbine, fill out the contact form and I can connect you with the dealer for your area. There are still areas open in most states for new dealers but many counties and a few entire states are taken up and several people are saying they are going to get their territory. So, if you are interested in becoming a dealer fill out the same form and we can see if your area may still be open.